Music to Ward Off Donald, Or, The Protection Spell

The Beatles, Everybody’s Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey Your inside is out and your outside is in

Rihanna featuring SZA, Consideration When I look outside my window I can’t get no peace of mind

Rihanna featuring Drake, Work You took my heart off my sleeve for decoration

Alicia Keys, The Beginning I’m the mystery of what’s inside the speaker cables, I’m Nina Simone in the park

Beyoncé, Formation I did not come to play with you hoes, I came to slay, bitch

The Breeders, Cannonball I know your’re a cannonball, I’ll be whatever you want

Beck, Everybody’s Gotta Learn Sometimes Change your heart, it will astound you

Siouxsie & The Banshees, Hong Kong Garden Harmful elements in the air, cymbals clashing everywhere

Pavement, Shady Lane It’s everybody’s God

Pavement, Stereo Tired nation so depraved, from the cheap seats we see us wave to the camera

Pavement, Gold Soundz Because I never want to make you feel that you’re social, never ignorant soul

The Beta Band, Dry The Rain The doctor gave in the hope of saving me

The Beatles, Blackbird Take these broken wings and learn to fly

The Beatles, Come Together One thing I can tell you is you got to be free

John Lennon, Look at Me What am I supposed to do

The 13th Floor Elevators, You’re Gonna Miss Me How can you say you miss my lovin when you never needed it

The Kinks, You Really Got Me You got me so I don’t know what I’m doing

The Who, My Generation I’m not trying to cause a big sensation, I’m just talking about my generation

Caitlin Rose, Shanghai Cigarettes Left it all in the past so there’s nothing left

Dolly Parton, Dumb Blonde You flew too high up off the ground, it’s stormy weather and had to come back down

Emmylou Harris, Pancho & Lefty They only let him slip away out of kindness, I suppose

Gillian Welch, Scarlet Town I don’t mind a lean old time or drinking my coffee cold, but the things I seen in Scarlet Town did mortify my soul

Simple Minds, Don’t You (Forget About Me) I’ll be alone, dancing, you know it, baby

Irene Cara, Flashdance (What A Feeling) Take your passion and make it happen

Lykke Li, Youth Knows No Pain Come together and join the parade, and get back what got lost in the trade

Jenny Wilson, Like A Fading Rainbow No, no more sugar left, no more soap to clean my hands with, no songs left for the choir

Frida Hyvönen, Terribly Dark Tell me, darling, how are we doing, do you think we can dance

Iggy & The Stooges, Search And Destroy Look out, honey! Cause I’m using technology, ain’t got time to make no apology

David Bowie, Oh! You Pretty Things All the nightmares came today and it looks as though they’re here to stay

The Rolling Stones, Gimme Shelter Oh, a storm is threatening my very life today if I don’t get some shelter

The Rolling Stones, Play with Fire But don’t play with me cause you’re playing with fire

Joni Mitchell, Case of you If you want me I’ll be in the bar

Carly Simon, You’re So Vain Your scarf, it was apricot, you had one eye on the mirror

Norah Jones (We’re Gonna Be) Sinkin’ Soon Everybody hold your breath cause down and down we go

Music is the single most powerful thing in this world, more powerful than words, more powerful than pictures. Let the music take you. Take these songs and swing them at him with love. Music and humor against anyone who cannot laugh at themselves, who try to take our freedom, who keep yakking as if the toupee’ed head was not just a hat rack.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tropic of Cancer

One More, With Feeling – What Is Love If Not Shopping For Vintage Clothes?

Urgent Mothering

Driver's License, Liquor License & License to Kill

Get Back, Honky Cat – Rocketwoman

Floor it! – Keanu Reeves’ Slow Hurry into Magnificence

Buffy Reboot Did Happen, After All - And It’s John Wick, Everybody!

Eat Your Artichoke, Lorelai

Hijinks, Party of One! (The Woman Standing in the Middle of the Road, Holding A Bowl Full of Fish)