Monday Two Isolation


Marlena told everyone that I smelled bad.

That my hair pins were shameful.

That I had jam hands.

That I was a pig for these reasons, and possibly for some other ones too that didn’t come to my knowledge.


Her influence was vast, and one day even Georgina moved slightly away from me when I sat next to her on the long wooden bench in the lunch hall.

Only ever so slightly, but I noticed it, and took more offence I could ever have imagined, and excused myself shortly after eating only a few bites and ran into the bathroom and locked myself in one of the stalls and cried.


Kotona isoisä pyysi minua haravoimaan, ja pihan perällä, orapihlaja-aidan suojissa, purin murheeni aidassa iltaa istuville sinitiaisille ja kompostia vartioivalle siiliperheelle.

Puristin kädet tiukasti nyrkkiin, ja ajattelin kuinka tapasimme jakaa ostamamme vadelmakaramellit kaupan edessä, ja Marlena sanoi vievänsä yhden kotiin koiralleen, vaikkei hänellä ollut oikeasti koiraa, mutten koskaan huomauttanut siitä.

Miten se haravoiminen sujuu, isoisä huhuili takaovelta. Hyvin, huusin takaisin ja nostin haravan keinun alta takaisin käsiini.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tropic of Cancer

One More, With Feeling – What Is Love If Not Shopping For Vintage Clothes?

Urgent Mothering

Driver's License, Liquor License & License to Kill

Get Back, Honky Cat – Rocketwoman

Floor it! – Keanu Reeves’ Slow Hurry into Magnificence

Buffy Reboot Did Happen, After All - And It’s John Wick, Everybody!

Eat Your Artichoke, Lorelai

Hijinks, Party of One! (The Woman Standing in the Middle of the Road, Holding A Bowl Full of Fish)