Wednesday One Hopeful


I used to be a woman who wrote in cafes.

That was before The Flood.

Now I stand there at the entrance in my thick overcoat and huge scarf that smell like Indian cuisine, but I no longer feel like I am expected, or welcome.

I write at home now.


The Giant’s woman came by the house today.

To do some yelling, I presumed.

But I didn’t let her in, so she just violently stamped on the snow-covered flowerbeds, where the wild pansies had grown.

What a bitch, I said to The Swift, it’s not like I wanted him to eat the flowers.

The bird was for once silent.

I added wood into the stove and filled the kettle with fresh water. The smell of the fire combined with damp feathers, but I said nothing, I knew he would want to dry himself in peace. I wasn’t a bad smell, really.


Päiväkirjan kirjoittaja istuu jalat harallaan penkissä.

Kynät seisovat reippaina purkeissa, paitsi ne joita hän sillä hetkellä käyttää.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tropic of Cancer

One More, With Feeling – What Is Love If Not Shopping For Vintage Clothes?

Urgent Mothering

Driver's License, Liquor License & License to Kill

Get Back, Honky Cat – Rocketwoman

Floor it! – Keanu Reeves’ Slow Hurry into Magnificence

Buffy Reboot Did Happen, After All - And It’s John Wick, Everybody!

Eat Your Artichoke, Lorelai

Hijinks, Party of One! (The Woman Standing in the Middle of the Road, Holding A Bowl Full of Fish)